it’s not nothing: a free livestream event about managing and preventing microaggressions and incivility in the workplace
“The interactive sessions were great, they really made you think about how things can be perceived by other people outside of your normal working group.” Training Participant
Companies worldwide have made significant strides towards developing inclusive organisational cultures with diverse workforces. Yet, even as they make progress, their good work is frequently undermined by the everyday unthinking things employees sometimes say and do to one another.
That’s why we’ve developed a new livestream training programme to help companies minimise the harm caused by those less overt employee behaviours, the microaggressions and other incivilities, that have a significant impact on everyday employee experience. Employing all the live-action and filmed drama, polling, group exercises, and powerful conversations our customers expect, it’s a powerful addition to our popular bullying and harassment training programmes.
On Wednesday 17 November 2021, we’ll be showcasing selected content from this new programme via livestream. There’s no charge, but places are limited. Don’t miss your chance to experience the impact of our experiential training approach for yourself. It’s definitely not what you’re used to.
Using realistic, dramatised content with experienced actors (participants don’t act), electronic polling, facilitated group exercises and discussions from our programme, we’ll demonstrate how our learners explore the complex and nuanced world of everyday workplace interactions through livestream training to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Reflect on what it means to work towards a ‘respectful‘ workplace and understand organisational expectations;
- Understand what constitutes a microaggression or everyday act of incivility;
- Appreciate the short and long-term negative impact of microaggressions and incivilities;
- Experience different perspectives on where banter crosses the line;
- Learn definitions of bullying, victimisation, and harassment, as well as individual responsibilities;
- Practice challenging people perpetrating microaggressions and low-level incivilities in a safe and supportive environment; and
- Identify practical actions they will take to create a healthier, more inclusive working environment.
We’ll also cover:
- Tools of the trade– introducing a selection of innovative and experiential, drama-based training tools and techniques
- User feedback– sharing evaluation results, client and user perspectives on this alternative approach to training and learning development
Please note, this isn’t a full training session. It’s an opportunity for Human Resources, Equality & Diversity, and Learning & Development professionals to try out elements of the programme, learn more about our work in this area, and to consider whether it’s something that they would be interested to run in their organisation.
what learners say
book your place
The event will run from 10.00am to 11.30am on Wednesday 17 November 2021 via livestream. Places are limited to 24 in total and just two per organisation.
Click on the ‘Save me a place’ button and enter your details to book your place now.
You can check out which other organisations are attending here.
Any questions at all, feel free to contact Graham Coleman via email or call 01484 310234.