What’s it all about?
How can an organisation live its values or even follow its processes until staff are allowed to explore how unconscious bias can impact on our behaviours? Our innovative approach heightens awareness of personal biases in a non-judgemental way. It allows individuals to reflect upon and improve their behaviours to both internal and external customers thus contributing to a far more inclusive and effective organisation.
In conjunction with the Housing Diversity Network, we are delivering two blended learning sessions utilising live drama, multi media filmed resources, electronic voting systems (measuring success), and highly skilled facilitation.
Our approach is a powerful way to explore behaviours and will be relevant to anyone that comes into contact with other people! This can include:
- Front line staff dealing with tenants
- Tenants participating in engagement/involvement activities
- Board members, Directors and Senior managers
With carefully scripted scenarios and activities our facilitator will enable delegates to examine, in a safe and non-judgemental environment, models where bad practice and its consequences can be highlighted and explored.
In the training workshops, we will employ:
- Electronic push-button technology
- Pledges, emphasising the need to carry lessons learned over into the workplace
By the end of the session participants will understand:
- How unconscious bias can affect judgement when dealing with customers, in recruitment, line management, and elsewhere.
- How to put the learning into practise.
There are two sessions. Morning Session: 9:30am – 12:30pm or Afternoon Session: 1:30pm – 4:30pm
The cost per person is only £30 for Housing Diversity Network members and £60 for non-members, plus VAT
Places are limited to two per organisation. To book your place, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call their offices on 01484 652606.