Most organisations know that Unconscious Bias & Emotional Intelligence play a vital role in enabling them to embrace diversity & inclusion and cultivate effective leadership.
But often there is a disconnect between the ‘knowing’ and effectively ‘doing’!
If you are interested in learning how to implement the strategies that will raise awareness of the ‘unconscious’ mental processes that impact everyday decision making and improve management of self and others through impactful behavioural change learning solutions, then this free to attend workshop is for you.
On Wednesday 26th April 2017 we will be running a showcase of our Unconscious Bias & Emotional Intelligence program in Bristol. In this 3 hour ‘taster’ session delegates will experience how we use a combination of multimedia resources, electronic voting, expert facilitation and dramatized scenes using professional actors to deliver highly engaging training that turns learning into action.
A half-day event
The event will run from 9.30am to 12.30pm on Wednesday 26th April 2017 at Armada House Conference & Events, Armada House, Telephone Avenue, Bristol, BS1 4BQ.
The event will cover a wide range of material, including:
- Unconscious Bias – raising awareness and understanding of this powerful natural process and its implications
- Emotional Intelligence – engage in experiential exercises designed to increase understanding of self and others so as to develop effective communication and cooperation
- Tools of the trade – introducing a selection of experiential, drama-based training tools and techniques
- User feedback – sharing evaluation results, client and user perspectives on this alternative approach to training and learning development
As a result of participation delegates will:
- Gain theoretical understanding of Unconscious Bias; recognise different types of bias, where it comes from and brain function
- Partake in experiential exercises that demonstrate personal bias at play
- Begin to recognise people preferences and how this impacts on decision making
- Gain strategies for helping to combat bias
- Gain understanding of EQ, its importance and how it can be improved
- Understand how to manage personal emotions and cope when under pressure
- Explore the subtly of language and importance of listening skills
- Learn to adapt body language and personal presence for different situations
- Develop skills to better manage the interpersonal process
- Better understand the skills needed to have honest conversations
Book your place
The event is free of charge*. Places will, however, be limited to just 20 participants in total. To secure your place click on the Save me a Seat button below and register your details.
Any questions, please feel free to contact Dee Richardson via email or call 01484 310234.
*Due to demand and administration costs there will be a £99 plus VAT charge for cancellations received less than 48 hours prior to the workshop.