A case study session delivered in partnership with the Housing Diversity Network
What’s it all about?
In conjunction with the Housing Diversity Network, Enact Solutions is delighted to offer an excellent, low cost opportunity to sample a variety of highly impactful, experiential training tools developed to raise awareness of Unconscious Bias, where it comes from, its impact on day-to-day actions and decisions, and how it manifests within our workplaces and in customer relations.
In a 3 hour session, you’ll get to see first-hand the effectiveness of our approach. The session is being run twice on the day; once in the morning with a repeat session in the afternoon.
A drama based workshop
Our successful approach utilises a dynamic blend of live drama, multi media filmed resources, electronic voting systems (measuring success), and highly skilled facilitation. It’s a powerful way to explore behaviours and will be relevant to anyone within Human Resources or Learning & Development roles, whatever the sector.
With carefully scripted scenarios and activities, our facilitator will showcase how we enable delegates to examine realistic examples where bad practice and its consequences can be highlighted and explored in a safe and supportive environment. Delegates will get to experience eye-opening training material developed for interpersonal employee relations as well as challenging customer service scenarios.
Learning and development
The showcase will demonstrate how we work with delegates to:
- Explore the notion of unconscious bias, its fit with organisational core values, the ways in which it limits thinking and decision making, and how it potentially affects customer service for the worse
- Learn the theoretical basis, including how the brain works, where unconscious bias comes from, how it is a natural and necessary function that keeps us safe, the different types of bias and their triggers
- Identify ways to recognise and change their own limiting attitudes and also to effectively challenge others when they experience prejudice and discrimination arising from judgements based on labels and stereotypes
- Focus on true to life examples of how Unconscious Bias affects individual and team relationships in the workplace, as well as customer relations and communications
This is a great chance to experience core elements of our ground breaking work in this field. HDN members can have up to 2 free places, £30 thereafter. Places for non members cost £60. But don’t hang around as places are limited and will be booked on a first come, first served basis.
There are two chances during the day to experience our workshop.
- The morning session starts at 9.30am (registration and refreshments from 9.15am) and finishes at 12.30pm.
- The afternoon session starts at 1.30pm (registration and refreshments from 1.15pm) and ends at 4.30pm.
HDN are organising all of the bookings. To save yourself a seat, please email or telephone 01484 652 606.
The venue for the workshops has yet to be confirmed. As soon as we know, we’ll update these details.