Closing the Gap
The arrival of gender pay gap reporting for larger UK companies has seen unconscious bias training increasingly turned to as one way to close the gap. At the same time, some commentators are questioning whether such training works at all. It can be hard to know what to do for the best, so we’re putting on two complimentary (no charge) events in the North and South of England this September to help you decide.
A half-day event in Huddersfield
On Tuesday 18 September 2018 at the Textile Centre of Excellence, Huddersfield, we’ll be sharing lessons and demonstrating what we’ve learned from our last five years running unconscious bias training with companies as varied as Adidas, NHS England and National Grid.
In a dynamic, 2½ hour session for companies considering using unconscious bias training to help abolish their gender pay gap and support the progression of women, we’ll cover:
- Unconscious bias training and the gender pay gap, valid response or handy port in a storm;
- Raising awareness and understanding of unconscious bias, how evoking feelings opens people to new ways of thinking and behaving;
- Catching bias in real time takes ongoing reflection and repetition, it starts with shared knowledge and shared language;
- Challenging bias, how having a go makes it more likely you’ll do it when it counts;
- Introducing structural changes to minimise unconscious bias; and
- Supporting longevity of learning.
We’ll introduce a selection of experiential, drama-based training tools and techniques, as well as sharing evaluation results and client and user perspectives on our alternative approach to training and learning development.
Who’s it for?
This event is to help companies decide whether unconscious bias training could help them close the gender pay gap and create a more inclusive workplace. It’s not an unconscious bias training session.
It will be of most value to Human Resources, Equality & Diversity and Learning & Development professionals, as well as other individuals with responsibility for planning and commissioning organisational development initiatives and leading culture change.
Book your place
The event takes place on Tuesday 18 September 2018 at 9.45am (for refreshments) with a start time of 10.00am and an end time of 12.30pm. It will be held at the Textile Centre of Excellence, Red Doles Lane, Leeds Road, Huddersfield, HD2 1YF .
Any questions at all, feel free to contact Graham Coleman via email or call 01484 310234.
(Please note, due to demand and administration costs, there will be a £99 plus VAT charge for cancellations received less than 48 hours prior to the event.)