hear and be heard: a free livestream event showcasing training to give managers essential working from home and in the workplace conversation skills
Faced with potentially ‘difficult conversations’ about operational tasks, performance and conduct issues, personal development or mental health and wellbeing, our Productive Conversations programmes help managers learn and practise the essential ‘soft’ skills needed to hold high impact conversations with team members, peers, and superiors. This is your chance to experience its impact for yourself.
On Tuesday 11 May 2021 we’ll be showcasing content from our virtual training and learning development course on Productive Conversations via livestream. Many of the skills covered apply whether working from home virtually or face-to-face in the workplace, but we’ll mainly be using remote working examples of virtual conversations.
Using realistic, dramatised content, online polling, facilitated group exercises and discussions from our programme, we’ll demonstrate how our learners explore the key elements of Productive Conversations through livestream training to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Explore the practical and emotional challenges of remote working, including preferred remote management styles
- Understand why some conversations are much more difficult than others, the impact of internal narratives, and ways to manage one’s emotional reactions in the heat of the moment
- Know how to hold productive conversations in potentially challenging areas, including breaking bad news and operational performance conversations
- Learn how to give and receive timely constructive feedback
We’ll also cover:
- Tools of the trade– introducing a selection of innovative and experiential, drama-based training tools and techniques
- User feedback– sharing evaluation results, client and user perspectives on this alternative approach to training and learning development
Please note, this isn’t a full training session. It’s an opportunity for Human Resources, Equality & Diversity, and Learning & Development professionals to try out elements of the programme, learn more about our work in this area, and to consider whether it’s something that they would be interested to run in their organisation.
what learners say
book your place
The event will run from 10.00am to 11.30am on Tuesday 11 May 2021 via livestream. Places are limited to 20 in total and just two per organisation.
Click on the Save me a seat button and enter your details to book your place now.
You can check out which other organisations are attending here.
Any questions at all, feel free to contact Bryan Lacey via email or call 01484 310234.