Using experiential, drama-based training approaches for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We’re delighted to confirm that on 8 November 2016 we’ll be hosting a free of charge ‘show and tell’ event at the Hilton Hotel in Warwick. We’re really looking forward to sharing examples of innovative work being done to rethink what’s in the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion box.
Since floating our idea for the session, we’ve received expressions of interest from a multinational utility company, registered social landlords, NHS Trusts, engineering manufacturers, retailers, legal services, recruitment specialists, and learning and development training companies.
It’s been a great response, so here’s what we’re doing as a result.
A half-day event
The event will run from 9.30am to 12.30pm on 8 November 2016 at the Hilton Hotel, Warwick. It’s going to be an informative, experiential ‘show and tell’ session with professional actors, dramatised scenes, lots of interaction, including electronic voting, as well as case studies, and, of course, our great team.
The event will cover a wide range of material, including:
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion – getting the message across, embedding it in the workplace, keeping it interesting, just what are the challenges we face? As well as hearing from delegates, we’ll outline the range of work Enact has done in the EDI field
- Tools of the trade – introducing a selection of experiential, drama-based training tools and techniques
- Unconscious Bias – sharing what clients from a wide variety of sectors are doing to raise awareness of unconscious bias, increase knowledge and understanding, and ultimately take steps to minimise the potential negative effects of this powerful, natural process.
- Inclusive Leadership – from protected characteristics to diversity of thought, we’ll show examples of work developed with clients to explore current research in this field and bring to life practical models used to build inclusive leadership capabilities.
- User feedback – sharing evaluation results, client and user perspectives on this alternative approach to training and learning development
Book your place
The event is free of charge. Places will, however, be limited to just 20 participants in total. So if you want to turn your expression of interest into a confirmed place, we recommend you book quickly. Your registration of interest does not guarantee you a place.
The venue is the Hilton Hotel, Stratford Road, Warwick, CV34 6RE. Refreshments will be available from 9.15am and we will get underway at 9.30am. The event will close at 12.30 with a light lunch available for those who want to have a bite and carry on the conversation.
Any questions, please feel free to contact Dee Richardson via email or call 01484 310234.