Using experiential, drama-based training approaches to help identify personal and organisational improvements within the recruitment process
We’re delighted to confirm that on 1st December 2016 we’ll be hosting a free of charge ‘show and tell’ event at the Nottingham Conference Centre. We’re really looking forward to demonstrating our innovative work around Unconscious Bias within Recruitment.
A half-day event
The event will run from 9.30am to 12.00pm on 1st December 2016 at the Nottingham Conference Centre. It’s going to be an informative, experiential session with professional actors, dramatised scenes, lots of interaction, including electronic voting, as well as case studies, and, of course, our great team.
The event will cover a wide range of material, including:
- Unconscious Bias – raising awareness and understanding of this powerful natural process and its implications; and
- Recruitment – identifying ways to minimise the potentially negative consequences of bias when it comes to getting the best people for your organisation’s future success
- Tools of the trade – introducing a selection of experiential, drama-based training tools and techniques
- User feedback – sharing evaluation results, client and user perspectives on this alternative approach to training and learning development
As a result of participation delegates will:
- Identify behaviours that contribute to an exclusive working environment
- Partake in experiential exercises that demonstrate personal bias at play
- Begin to recognise people preferences and how this impacts on decision making
- Gain theoretical understanding of the subject; recognise different types of bias, where it comes from and brain function
- Gain strategies for helping to combat bias
- Better understand the skills needed to have honest conversations
Book your place
The event is free of charge. Places will, however, be limited to just 20 participants in total. To secure your place we recommend you book quickly. If you’ve previously registered interest this does not guarantee you a place. So you don’t miss out on this great opportunity, please use the ‘Save Me a Seat’ button below to secure your place.
The venue is the Nottingham Conference Centre, Burton Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU. View directions on Google Maps. Refreshments will be available from 9.15am and we will get underway at 9.30am. The event will close at 12.00.
Any questions, please feel free to contact Dee Richardson via email or call 01484 310234.