take action: a free livestream event about reducing bullying, harassment and incivility in the NHS
“One of the key things within the course, was tackling the behaviour of individuals that cause negativity (knowingly or unknowingly). I witness this on a regular basis yet there appears to be a blasé approach to tackling such individuals.”
time to get busy creating a more productive, healthy, and mutually supportive culture
To nurture a culture of dignity and respect, organisations need to start constructive, open and honest conversations with employees about unacceptable interpersonal behaviours at work.
What is expected, what is inappropriate and harmful, and what we can do individually and collectively to speak out, challenge perpetrators, and create the workplace we deserve. Our immersive, drama-based Bullying, Harassment and Incivility online and face-to-face workshops bring issues of dignity and respect to life in a unique, realistic way that fuels positive action.
On Thursday 17 February 2022, we’ll be showcasing selected NHS based content via livestream. There’s no charge, but places are limited. Don’t miss your chance to check out the impact of our experiential learning approach for yourself. It’s definitely not what you’re used to.
We’ll take you through how our NHS clients have been using our dynamic blend of interactive simulations and group exercises with actors (participants don’t act), video, and electronic voting to achieve the following learning outcomes from our online sessions:
- Understand organisational expectations of behaviour, what constitutes inappropriate and harmful behaviour, and the potential damage of low-level acts of incivility;
- Experience different perspectives on bullying, harassment, and where banter crosses the line;
- Learn definitions of bullying, victimisation, and harassment, as well as individual responsibilities;
- Have a greater appreciation of what drives workplace bullying, as well as the harmful effects on individuals and teams
- Be empowered to speak out and become an active bystander who will challenge bullying and harassment;
- Know where and how to access employee support; and
- Identify practical actions they will take to create a healthier, more inclusive working environment.
We’ll also cover:
- Tools of the trade– introducing a selection of innovative and experiential, drama-based training tools and techniques
- User feedback– sharing evaluation results, client and user perspectives on this alternative approach to training and learning development
Please note, this isn’t a full training session. It’s an opportunity for Human Resources, Equality & Diversity, and Learning & Development professionals working in the NHS to try out elements of the programme, learn more about our work in this area, and to consider whether it’s something that they would be interested to run in their organisation.
what learners say
book your place
The event will run from 10.00am to 11.30am on Thursday 17 February 2022 via livestream. Places are limited to 24 in total and just two per organisation.
Click on the ‘Save me a place’ button and enter your details to book your place now.
You can check out which other organisations are attending here.
Any questions at all, feel free to contact Graham Coleman via email or call 01484 310234.