Due to the high level of interest, this Event is now fully booked. If you would like to be included on our waiting list, should anyone cancel their place or for future sessions (Dates TBC), please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks for your interest in this event.
On Thursday 14 January 2021 we will be showcasing our Comfortable being Uncomfortable with Race virtual training and learning development workshop via livestream.
Having open and productive conversations about subject matters such as racism and inequality means having to bypass our own internal defence mechanisms. Our training is designed to facilitate collaborative conversations, healthy debates, a challenging of bias and a growth mindset, and encourage delegates to push themselves out of their comfort zones.
In this 1½ hour ‘taster’ showcase you’ll explore how the programme we’ve put together helps tackle workplace inequality and support staff in having open cultural conversations to build more inclusive working environments. The session will deliver highly engaging, immersive learning experiences that blend drama, theoretical models, and live interactive content.
- Encourage open and productive conversations about racism and inequality
- Explore the barriers to having open cultural conversations and the importance of bypassing our internal defence mechanisms or ‘fragility’
- Consider the power that comes with privilege and how that power can be shared through allyship
- Identifying systematic and organisational discrimination
- Practice challenging inappropriate behaviours in a safe and supportive environment
- Identify practical actions to create a healthier, more inclusive working environment
This highly interactive ‘taster’ showcase is going to be of interest to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion representatives, Human Resources and Learning & Development professionals.
what learners say about our work
book your place
The ‘taster’ event will run from 10.30am to 12.00pm on Thursday 14 January 2021 via live stream. To mirror the format of our virtual training sessions, we’ll be restricting the number of places to 16 in total with a limit of two per organisation.
Email email@example.com to be included on our waiting list.