OVERSUBSCRIBED – We’ve had a fabulous response to this event and there are no longer any places available. You can register if you want to hear the next time we are running this event.
nip it in the bud: a free livestream event about reducing bullying, harassment and incivility in the workplace
“One of the key things within the course, was tackling the behaviour of individuals that cause negativity (knowingly or unknowingly). I witness this on a regular basis yet there appears to be a blasé approach to tackling such individuals”
get busy creating a more productive, healthy, and mutually supportive culture
To make a positive difference, organisations need to start constructive, open and honest conversations with their employees about unacceptable interpersonal behaviours at work. Not all bullying or harassment is overt. It can be the tip of the iceberg. Microaggressions and other low-level incivilities exist below the surface and these also have a significant impact on day-to-day employee experience and key issues like mental health, engagement, and retention.
What is expected, what is inappropriate and harmful, and what we can do individually and collectively to ‘nip it in the bud’ and create the workplace we deserve. Our immersive, drama-based training programme bring challenges to life in a unique way that fuels positive action. This is your chance to experience extracts from the training and feel its impact for yourself.
On Tuesday 2 February 2021 we’ll be showcasing elements from our virtual training and learning development course on bullying, harassment and incivility via livestream.
We’ll take you through how our clients have been using our dynamic blend of interactive simulations and group exercises with actors, video, and electronic voting to achieve the following learning outcomes in online sessions:
- Understand organisational expectations of behaviour, including core values where these exist, and establishing the significance of even low-level acts of incivility;
- Experience different perspectives on bullying, harassment, and where banter crosses the line;
- Learn definitions of bullying, harassment and victimisation, as well as individual responsibilities;
- Have a greater appreciation of what lies behind workplace bullying and its harmful effects on individuals and teams
- Feel more confident about what constitutes inappropriate and harmful behaviour in the workplace and be willing to advise and support victims;
- Know where and how to access employee support mechanisms; and
- Identify practical actions they will take to create a healthier, more inclusive working environment.
We’ll also cover:
- Tools of the trade– introducing a selection of innovative and experiential, drama-based training tools and techniques
- User feedback– sharing evaluation results, client and user perspectives on this alternative approach to training and learning development
Please note, this isn’t a full training session. It’s an opportunity for Human Resources, Equality & Diversity, and Learning & Development professionals to try out elements of the programme, learn more about our work in this area, and to consider whether it’s something that they would be interested to run in their organisation.
what learners say
book your place
Due to the level of demand, there are no longer any places available for this event. Click on the ‘Notify me next time’ button if you want to hear straight away when we run it again.
You can check out which other organisations are attending here.
Any questions at all, feel free to contact Graham Coleman via email or call 01484 310234.