OVERSUBSCRIBED – We’ve had a fabulous response to this event and there are no longer any places available. Email us if you want to hear the next time we are running this event.
nip it in the bud: a free livestream event about reducing bullying, harassment and incivility in the workplace
“One of the key things within the course, was tackling the behaviour of individuals that cause negativity (knowingly or unknowingly). I witness this on a regular basis yet there appears to be a blasé approach to tackling such individuals”
get busy creating a more productive, healthy, and mutually supportive culture
To make a positive difference, organisations need to start positive, open and honest conversations with their employees about unacceptable interpersonal behaviours at work. Not all bullying or harassment is overt. It can be the tip of the iceberg. Microaggressions and other low-level incivilities exist below the surface and these also have a significant impact on day-to-day employee experience and key issues like mental health, engagement, and retention.
What is expected, what is inappropriate and harmful, and what we can do individually and collectively to ‘nip it in the bud’ and create the workplace we deserve. Our immersive, drama-based training course brings challenges to life in a unique way that fuels positive action. This is your chance to experience its impact for yourself.
On Thursday 27th August 2020 we’ll be showcasing our virtual training and learning development course on bullying, harassment and incivility via livestream
We’ll demonstrate how our clients have been using our dynamic blend of interactive simulations and group exercises with actors, video, electronic voting and skilful facilitation through livestream to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Understand organisational expectations of behaviour, including core values where these exist, and establishing the significance of even low-level acts of incivility;
- Experience different perspectives on bullying, harassment, and where banter crosses the line;
- Learn definitions of bullying, harassment and victimisation, as well as individual responsibilities;
- Have a greater appreciation of what lies behind workplace bullying and its harmful effects on individuals and teams
- Feel more confident about what constitutes inappropriate and harmful behaviour in the workplace and be willing to advise and support victims;
- Know where and how to access employee support mechanisms; and
- Identify practical actions they will take to create a healthier, more inclusive working environment.
We’ll also cover:
- Tools of the trade– introducing a selection of innovative and experiential, drama-based training tools and techniques
- User feedback– sharing evaluation results, client and user perspectives on this alternative approach to training and learning development
It’s a highly interactive, powerful way to explore behaviours, one that’s going to be specifically of interest to Human Resources, Equality & Diversity, and Learning & Development professionals.
what learners say
“Very thought provoking, tackled subject from different perspective”
“Made me reflect on my behaviour and how I hope to challenge inappropriate bullying in the future”
“Really helped focus on positive communication. Found it easy to share thoughts. Really educative. Many thanks”
“Very worthwhile, very interesting to take part with colleagues with whom I have had difficult situations, e.g. them shouting at me! Personally, I particularly reflected on the ‘giving feedback’ part, I thought this was very helpful”
“Feeling more equipped to defuse situations within my workplace.”
book your place
Due to the level of demand, there are no longer any places available for this event. You can email us if you want to hear the next time we are running this event.
You can check out which other organisations are attending here.
Any questions at all, feel free to contact Graham Coleman via email or call 07757 788940.