What’s it all about?
We’re going to be playing a leading part in an upcoming meeting of the East Midlands Equality and Diversity Forum hosted by ACAS.
The event, titled ‘Inclusive Leadership: How vital is inclusive leadership behaviour?’ is all about challenging assumptions and ‘norms’ so we can move beyond simple intellectual commitment and instead generate a real belief in the importance of Inclusion & Diversity, one which results in sustained changes in behaviour.
Our contributions will come from Peter Allen, Managing Director, and Rosie Perkin, Creative Director. Both are hugely experienced training facilitators here at Enact Solutions. They’ll be leading thought provoking experiential exercises guaranteed to get people engaged from the off.
Learning and development
The session will:
- Raise awareness of personal biases and assumptions in order to increase ability to prevent these affecting day-to-day decisions and actions
- Develop a clearer understanding of Inclusion and the expectations of leaders in delivering an inclusive culture through their actions and behaviours
- Give clarity on how diversity and inclusion practices can support the success of their business
By the end, participants will be able to:
- Recognize non-inclusive behaviours and have some knowledge and confidence to address non-inclusive actions and behaviours to prevent escalation
- Identify, value and adapt to all the differences amongst teams and utilise difference in leading and building a high performing team
- Implement practical ideas for personal change along with a desire to learn and continue to build their capabilities in support of the Inclusion & Diversity Business Case.
An ideal mix
Participants will experience and benefit from:
- Live theatre forum
- Interactive experiential learning modules
- Tools and ideas
- Action planning
- Take-away ideas to use in your workplace
Whilst specialising in drama based techniques, we would like to assure delegates that no acting or role play will be required from any delegates!
9.00am – Registration, refreshments
9 30am – Welcome & ACAS Update
9.40am – What a Beautiful Day, Peter Allen, Enact Solutions
9.55am – Diversity Ice Breaker and Self-Awareness of Inclusive Leadership, Catherine Hamilton, Inspire2chieve Ltd
10.15am – ‘Safe Pair of Hands’ Part 1, Rosie Perkin, Enact Solutions
10.35am – Break
10.50am – Decisions, Selection, Problem Solving as an inclusive Leader, Catherine Hamilton, Inspire2chieve Ltd
11.20am – ‘Safe Pair of Hands’ Part 2, Rosie Perkin, Enact Solutions
11.50am – What does this mean for Leaders? Catherine Hamilton, Inspire2chieve Ltd
12.20pm – ‘With all due respect’ Theatre Forum, Peter Allen, Enact Solutions
12.50pm – Q&A, All
1.00pm – Networking Lunch
Who should attend?
This free event is open to both members and non-members. It’s relevant for Human Resource Professionals, Equality and Diversity Policy Advisors, Learning & Development professionals, and anyone focused on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
The event takes place at Acas East Midlands, Apex Court, City Link, Nottingham NG2 4LA. There is local parking nearby.
To book a place contact Dwinder Virk, Senior Conciliator/Adviser either by email or call tel. 0115 9246532 or mob. 07770 481947.
Please inform ACAS of your access, dietary requirements, or anything else you may need before the event.
We look forward to seeing you there!